Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Pretender

The world toddles along,
along in my web of lies.
I show people things,
things that on the face of farce flies.

The world sees a movie,
a movie seen frame by frame.
What goes in between, is
anybody's game.

I played that game,
and I played it too well.
People thought I was really smart,
with a heart where love can dwell.

What I truly am,
is pretty much a mystery.
No science can explain me,
and this much is history.

All went well, is
what I thought everyday.
However, it wasn't so,
to my dismay.

Before I realised,
I was caught in my own web.
Strangled helplessly,
my strength began to ebb.

And so I died,
a death of an unknown.
What was left of me,
was just a soul of stone.

A soul, that could
neither laugh nor cry.
Ghosts of the past mock at me,
with a humour so wry.

So I run and run,
I run away from my past.
Hoping to discover myself,
the true one very fast.

When that happens,
this poem will truly end.
With that this journey,
this journey that I wend.
© Copyright 2007 Icanwrite

**Special thanks to Jyo_an and Stacylynn71 @ writing{dot}com for their corrections**

6 comments:

Unknown said...

words so true! man, you are delivering gems aren't u?

tengantsuu said...

Thanks man!! :)

thinking_gene said...

deep thoughts!! really heart felt!

tengantsuu said...

Thanks Richa!! :)

Fika said...

its cool

tengantsuu said...

Thank you Fika! :)